Corkbeg Make It Three From Three

Glenthorn Celtic 1-3 Corkbeg
Corkbeg travelled to St Aidan’s to take on Glenthorn on Thursday evening.
Corkbeg instantly took the lead after just two minutes, when Jordan Ryan’s free-kick was curled into the bottom corner. However, from kick-off, the home side launched the ball into the box, and their striker brought the ball down brilliantly, and then lobbed the ball over Ray Savage into the back of the net to level the proceedings after just three minutes.
Jordan Ryan scored two goals


After the frantic start, the game cooled down a bit, with the next chance not coming until the 18th minute, when Alan Horgan crossed to the back post to Alan Hogan, but Hogan sliced his shot, and it didn’t trouble the Glenthorn keeper. It must be said, the home side took control of the game from here up until half-time.
On the 22nd minute, Glenthorn’s number 10 had a free-kick narrowly miss the top corner, and soon after, some great play by Glenthorn’s number 3, as he pulled the ball to the edge of the box, which was met by a thundering strike from the number 10, but again, it narrowly missed the target.
A few minutes later again, the home side had a free-kick which broke loose in the Corkbeg box, and number 11 was the quickest to react, when his shot missed the target again.
On the stroke of half-time, Jordan Ryan had his free-kick well saved by the Glenthorn keeper, which kept the game at 1-1 going into the interval. It was 1-1 at half-time.
Corkbeg came out of the blocks a different team, and began to start playing. Hogan had a shot miss the target on the 47th minute, and this was the start of the change in momentum. 5 minutes later, Bobbi Donoghue and Shane Bennett linked up excellently, before Donoghue shot marginally wide.
On the 55th minute, the Beg restored their lead. The ball was in the Glenthorn box with Keelan Kennedy, who flicked it through to Jordan Ryan, who made no mistake in slotting home to grab his second of the game. There was little to report of in the closing half hour, with neither team threatening either goal, as such.
Tariq Tynan got the insurance goal for Corkbeg


The game was put to bed in the 87th minute, when two substitutes Ryan O Regan and Tariq Tynan linked up well together. Regan found Tynan, who buried a left-footed effort into the bottom corner to seal the 3 points.
A great result, which leaves the Beg with 9 points from a possible 9, and top of the league.

Like this article?

Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Linkdin
Share on Pinterest

Leave a comment